Monday, September 2, 2013

Happy Labor Day!

Exercise to be fit, yep, that's my motto.
 
Mark reminded yesterday that I had passed my 6 months of being smoke free. I had to stop and think about it but he is right. I'm incredibly proud of myself and while I still have an occasional craving (the weeks of moving and driving cross country was one long craving!), I am easily redirected (that's nurse talk, ha) and the cravings pass quickly. I remember making the decision, I was an occasional runner (is that like a social drinker?) and struggled to breath with each run. I had visions of events, both running and tri's and I knew I would never succeed while smoking. I also knew I wanted to be healthy and fit! So I put them down, yep, just over 6 months ago and now cringe when I see someone smoke, especially a young person. Now I am not an occasional runner, I am a runner, one training hard for a half marathon. I am healthy, I eat clean, I train hard, and yes, I am worth it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment