Monday, November 18, 2013

Monday's Motivation

 
Why do you lace up?
 
I began lacing up to get fit. I made a bet with myself that I could run to the end of the road, I did. Then I ran around the corner. And then to the next driveway. One day at a time, one step at a time. I went from casual runner to taking it and myself a little more seriously because a day without lacing up sucks. I mean really sucks. I lace up because
I love the solitude when I run, I definitely like running solo


I love to have the time to think
I love being healthy
I can plot out a scene in the novel I'm writing
I can improve my focus
I like to compete with myself, "yes, I can make it to the next light"
I enjoy the conversations I have with myself
I can work through a problem, a feeling, an issue
I rehearse a conversation I need to have
I love the healthy glow my skin has after a run
I love the shape my legs have become
etc etc etc
 
Now why do you lace up?

No comments:

Post a Comment