Thursday, June 5, 2014

Today, A Milestone

Today, I passed the 600 mile mark since I began running in February 2013. I'm not sure why 600 is more important than 500 to me but as I crept closer and closer, the prouder I became. Yesterday I noticed my total was at 599.2 and I cursed the windy run on Monday for talking me out of an additional 0.8 miles. But today, I have all day to savor the accomplishment. I remember when I started, how did I not realize how hard this was going to be, how did I not fathom how addicting this would be? I think it took me 3 days of running to reach mile marker one.






I still mourn the unrun Disney half but it was either the trip to Disney or the trip to see my new grandson, Ethan and I chose to snuggle the new baby, sniff the newborn scent, and plant my voice in his heart. Go figure. Adrian, Ethan's mom, promised to run it next year with me, a perfect time for Ethan's 1st birthday. I haven't written a blog post since making that decision, but guess what? I'm back!






Since then I ran a few local races, ran my first triathlon (a post dedicated just to that event will follow), but mostly have run...just for the absolute joy of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment