Monday, July 15, 2013

Over thinking



45 minutes and 3.10 on the treadmill today and of course, my manic mind runs nonstop right along with me. I have a picture of RunDisney posted on the wall in front of me and today I spent quite awhile calculating what pace I have to run to complete the run in the required 3 hours. The website states that a 16 minute mile pace is mandatory; those not meeting the pace will be picked up along the way, please don't let me finish in a golf cart, hehe. I have a tendency to over think things, over analyze and then force myself to over plan. But hey, that's just me. I forced myself to run a 5K the day before I ran my first 5K and I have no doubt I will run 13.1 miles before my first half, that's just me! Is there an echo in here? Anyway, I'm lengthening my running time every couple of days and then will work on my pace. No golf cart for me!

My daughter gave me what I consider an incredible compliment while she was here. She was said my muscles are becoming "so defined" and "you're no longer a skinny minny". The best..."you're beginning to look like Adrian". Adrian is my mega fit marathon running daughter, the one who flew to Paris by herself to run Marathon de Paris. Her legs are also a source of inspiration to me, I always said I want Jillian Michaels arms and Adrian's legs. I wish I had taken before pictures and measurements, but I did start measuring various body parts. I have spent all my life weighing between 85 and 90 lbs, usually closer to 85. I am now gaining on 110. I realize most is muscle but I understand menopause will deposit fat on various parts of my body, my belly being one. So I will continue to eat clean, workout, and hold that muffin top at bay.

No comments:

Post a Comment