Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Finding the Right Shoe

This may be it!


This is a great article on the Newton website about getting the right type of shoe. Now to go find some to try on!

I love the pair of Nike's I have and I swap those out with a pair of Brooks.  Both are "clunky" and heavy and I think the lighter more minimal shoe may please this running girl more.  I can't wrap my head around bare foot running, for one thing I run on pavement, HOT pavement. For another, I have sensitive feet and the tiniest of rocks will make me cry. I've stepped on my share of Barbie shoes so I know from where I speak! Yes, I have three daughters who had a million Barbie's and a zillion Barbie shoes, HA!

I worked for two straight weeks (here and in California) and I was only able to sneak in two runs in that time. When I wasn't working, I was sleeping, go figure!  I planned on running outside this morning since the weather here in Texas is starting to change but when I woke up, there was a torrential downpour going on.  So I laced up and once again ran on the treadmill. At this point, inside outside, it just felt GREAT to get my run on!

No comments:

Post a Comment