Friday, October 4, 2013

Fitbit vs Jawbone

I am a gadget girl, I love my gadgets. Gadgets for sewing, gadgets for knitting, gadgets for running. I'm in! I initially bought a Fitbit One (a wireless pedometer that measures activity) and loved it however, I kept forgetting to put it in my pocket so when the Fitbit Flex became available, I got one as soon as I could. I wasn't particularly happy with having to look up my progress on my phone app; the instant gratification of the One was awesome. But...I never forgot to put it on! The flex didn't count my stairs like the one did but it was a small price to pay for not forgetting it. Eventually, the battery starting dying or wouldn't take a charge. I had to use a trusty paper clip to reset it and it would work, for awhile. After my last trip to California, it died completely. I almost cried. I emailed the company, what could it hurt. They offered some suggestions which I had already done. Then they sent me an email saying they needed, get this, it made me snort out loud, the original receipt and the original packaging! Yea right. I shot off a smart email, threw up my hands in despair, and went to Best Buy and bought a Jawbone UP (from their website:UP is a wristband and app that tracks how you sleep, move and eat) . The same lack of instant gratification and it doesn't sync via blue tooth, I actually have to plug it into my phone. It's easier to use than the flex but the judge is still out, I'll give an update in a week or so whether I like it or not. In the middle of trying to learn my Jawbone UP, I get an email from Fitbit, "send a picture of your Fitbit and your shipping information", thus the picture at the top of the blog. Later in the day (yesterday), I get an email saying they are shipping me a new one. Today, an email announcing it has shipped! Hmm, now I will have a flex and an UP, I'm thinking a better comparison between the two and then will donate one to one of my kids. I may like the Jawbone UP better but you sure can't beat Fitbit's customer service!

No comments:

Post a Comment