Friday, August 23, 2013

A New Cross training experience


First let me say, yes, I ran today, 2 miles per my norm. It was a punishing run or maybe I was punishing myself after over sleeping again. Looked at my stats on mapmyrun and was pleasantly surprised I have logged 214 miles since March. I have also logged 47.5 miles so far this month. Will be a new first when I log that 50th mile in the next few days!

Anyway. We discovered tennis courts near our house and while I have never played tennis, I knew Mark, my honey, had played in high school. I figured it would be 1. cheap entertainment, 2. a lot of fun, and 3. a good form of cross training. (or not). So tonight, we bought some rackets and a can of balls and headed to the courts. Two high school tennis players were practicing on the other court while Mark and I batted the ball back and forth. I was really not too terrible bad! I had to go out of the fence to collect balls I had hit outside (oops) and when I can back, Mark is on my side of the net and the two boys are on the other side. Why of course I'll agree to play a game of tennis with two varsity players, after all I bought this racket tonight! I must be a pro! We actually had a lot of fun and I think we made them laugh as much as we made ourselves laugh. I'm looking forward to the next time. I wonder if I need one of those little tennis skirts. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment