Sunday, August 25, 2013

Changing The World is a Team Sport





I'm a social media junky, honestly. This morning I happened upon a link on a fellow runners page for Charity Miles.  It peaked my interest and I watched the video, surfed the web for endorsements or complaints, and I've decided to download the app from iTunes. I can pick the charity I want to run or ride for, in fact, I can pick a different charity each day. Sponsors will pay the charity per mile I walk, run, or ride. A win-win, in my opinion.

Technology is neck and neck with runners. I have zombies chasing me, I can compete in virtual races, I can be mentored via an online coach, and I can raise money via an app on my phone. My conspiracy theory loving husband would probably say its just another way to track me, but I really don't care of they are tracking my miles, seeing who I am friends with on Facebook. They will know I am healthy, have wonderful friends, and am a runner. <shrug>

No comments:

Post a Comment