Saturday, August 3, 2013

Home today and looking forward to the new stuff!

 
I am home from work! To some, that would mean going to work in the morning and coming home in the evening. To me it means flying to California on Wednesday and flying home a week later. Six 12 hour nights and then hop a flight to Texas. Gotta love long commutes. I missed Mark while I was gone and I only ran my first day there, the rest of the week I slept and worked, that's it. So now I'm home and I'm getting back on training track.
Sneek Peek at 2014

I've run my typical 2 point something miles (thirty minutes) twice since I've been home and am trying to make a 5 mile route for my long run this week. You'd think it would be easy but it's not. I live in a subdivision and it's short circles of roads that don't amount to anything. To map a 5 mile or longer run, I'm our in 50-60mph traffic. I realize Texas is the home of "friendly drivers" but it still worries me to run with traffic whizzing by. I may have to do a straight out and back shot and even then...its not an easy thing to route around here. Even Mapmyrun doesn't have any decent routes in the area. I guess I'll keep trying.

WOW!


I'm enjoying all the new shoes and gear the running sites have been previewing for 2014. I love the bright colors for sure. Shoes seem to be getting more advanced and lighter every year.
I think the purple will be on my feet next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment