Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Spur of the moment long run

This saying is always one of my favorites, probably because it is so applicable to my life. Today, once again, I turned my alarm clock off and got up when I was ready. Another day of time management work--FAILED. I was supposed to go to the gym today since it was an after long run rest day. Well, you and I both know, no long run happened yesterday. It was late, I didn't make it to the gym, the weather had heated up outside, so I decided to run on the treadmill. At the last moment, I decided to get my long run out of the way. 6 miles, 6 wonderful long miles. A drop in the hat to some but as I ran, as the sweat dropped from my face, I thought back to last year at this time. An old, out of shape, smoker who could only dream of running 6 miles. And today, I ran, I sang, I talked to myself, and I ran some more. And I am damn proud of myself!

I had something else to blog about today, but since I seem to fly by the seat of my pants, I will write that one tomorrow. Today, I will bask in the glory of 6 long and awesome miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment