Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Cross Training, seriously

I'm quite pleased that hubby has taken my teasing to heart and become active. Understandably, after years on Coast Guard Boats, his knees are shot and while he has offered to run with me, cycling is a better option for him. I'm a road biker, a casual one, but also one who dreams of a sprint triathlon in my future. Maybe its time to take it more seriously. It will also give me some serious cross training time, as well as a more varied fitness routine than just strength training 3-4 times a week. Anyway, the last two nights we ridden together, 6 miles one night, 8 miles tonight (our anniversary and I couldn't think of a better way to celebrate!). Maybe 10 tomorrow. I've run in the morning, got my ab workouts in and then when it cools off, the ride with hubby. A well rounded day.

I somehow thought that for my run this morning, I'd revert back to week 2 of Ease into 5K, thinking I would have a nice easy run. I found that I ran twice as fast and much farther in each run segment that I had to add on close to a mile to stay on track with the timing. Not quite an easy run but it sure showed me how far I've come! YEA ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment