Friday, May 3, 2013

Time Management

So I work nights, 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep is impossible for someone who works 12 hour shifts and drives 45 minutes each way. Add the desired workout and I'm lucky to get 6 hours of sleep, I function well on 5. Not good for my body, perhaps, but reality in the world of 12 hour night shifts. I also work 6 nights in a row and if I don't make time to exercise or run before or after work, that's a whole week of no exercise. As stated before, the past month or so, I have become serious about running. I've consistently and determinedly been following Ease into 5 K which is basically a couch to 5K. I'm on week 5 and doing well. Anyway, back to time management and trying to work and run. I have been trying to either hit the gym in the morning after work or getting up early to run. The summer heat is here this week so running at 4 in the afternoon kind of sucks. Hmm, plan B. I run my ass off at work for 12 hours (last night I logged 4 miles on my fitbit) and then came home and did a half hour on the treadmill. Tired, sweaty, only to do the same thing tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment