Saturday, May 25, 2013

Relax, Train, Be Ready

The other night I tossed and turned, worried that I screwed up my time frame for a specific half marathon training program. Oh my god, I thought, the programs are for 28 weeks and I only have 26 weeks before my half. It would have been easier to just get up and look but I tend to worry myself into a frazzle. Of course, the next morning, sucking down my coffee, I scanned all the various training programs I've been collecting. Yes, I have quite a few because I like choices and then I like to tweak to my own needs. What I had failed to realize while tossing and turning and tying the sheets into knots is that I have already been running. Relax, train, you'll be ready. My running partner agrees! She sure does need a name though.

Today, I lacked time so I did my time on the treadmill. I listened to Jeff Galloways's training program. I have read several of his books and am impressed with his insight and theories. I might add, he is also the trainer for RunDisney. I'll use his program and tweak it as I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment