Friday, May 24, 2013

My running partner

I don't usually run in the evening but we had a Coast Guard function today so this evening it was. One of advantages of an evening run is that my shadow runs side by side with me. I have to say, she looks damn good lately!. She's a great conversationalist and she keeps pace with me, regardless of how slow I go. Today we discussed the Disney Half Marathon I registered for in January 2014. Looking back, I wish I had registered for the Princess Half, but I didn't so here I go. I have my training plans set and am feeling motivated. I laughed when I saw the first "long run", it's three miles. A shade less than a 5K and a distance I know I can do with relative ease. Will be a confidence booster, maybe

The weather was beautiful tonight and I will enjoy the lack of humidity as long as I can. I worry what the heat and humidity will do to my running when we arrive in Texas, about one month to go! I will adjust, this means too much to me.

After all...

No comments:

Post a Comment