Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Week Two, Day One

I started my first day of Half Marathon Training Week two today. The weather was a smidge windy but it was tolerable. At least the gusts didn't blow me off the sidewalk like they did last week. This is the training schedule I'm following if anyone wants to jump in and join me.

Half Marathon Training Schedule for Runners and Walkers
Week Monday Tuesday TT Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday Sunday
1 off 30 min run off 25 min run easy walk off 3 miles
2 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 4 miles
3 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 5 miles
4 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 2.5 miles
5 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 6.5 miles
6 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 3 miles with MM
7 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 8 miles
8 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 3 miles with MM
9 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 9.5 miles
10 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 4 miles
11 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 11 miles
12 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 4 miles with MM
13 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 12.5 miles
14 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 4 miles with MM
15 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 14 miles
16 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 5 miles
17 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off Half Marathon Race
18 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 5 miles
19 off 30 min run off 30 min run easy walk off 6-8 miles

I can't use those days of the week due to the 6 night work stretch I do every other week, but I plug the days into my own planner/calendar and accomplish the same goal. The off days are spent cross training. This is one of Jeff Galloway's training plans, I posted the link the other day, for those who want to read more about his plans.

I'm already beginning to worry about our move half way across the country in a month and fretting about what it will do to my training plan. Will I be able to run after a 12 hour driving day? Should I get up an hour early and run before each of the three days of driving. Maybe I should count those three days as my off days and totally screw up my body, LOL! I guess I'll just wait and see. I'm not going to be making excuses, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment