Sunday, May 12, 2013

First 5K Under My Belt

I did it! My first 5K done and out of the way. Scared to death right up until the starting horn went off! It was a 'fun' run and it *was* fun. Running proudly for two friends battling breast cancer in the Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. The weather was beautiful and the crowds of people created an incredible energy that can't be described. As soon as my friend, her husband and I wormed our way through the massive crowd at the start, I waved them goodbye and wished them well on their journey to beat their PR. I, on the other hand, had a much less dramatic goal, to finish. And finish I did. Under my 45 minute goal even! My husband, Mark, remains my biggest cheerleader and he even snapped some pictures of the event!


And we're out of the pack and on our way!


Walking when I had to,


And running when I could!


And crossing the finish line!

Already looking for the next one!

No comments:

Post a Comment