Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Journaling

A year and a half ago the face in the mirror informed me that I was getting old, I was out of shape, and I was not taking care of myself. Fast food and I were on a first name basis, I smoked, my sleep habits sucked because I worked nights, and the most exercise I got was running my ass off at work. The only thing I had going for me was that I was small and underweight (although I say this is not any advantage and certainly not healthy) I woke up one day and bet myself I could run to the end of the street, I did it without dying. The next day I ran "to the next mail box". I was a casual runner for the next year and a half. This year I made the decision, silently, to only myself, that I was going to get healthy if it killed me! I quit smoking without all the hoopla, didn't tell my family until I was 5 days into being smoke free! It was not a struggle, I sailed through it because I was ready and was doing it for me! That was two months ago and the only cravings I have is when I come out of work in the morning after an incredibly bad night, the thought to smoke is fleeting and my brain is easily redirected. I then decided to get serious about running. I began consistently running/walking at least 3 days a week, and going to the gym 1-2 days a week. At this point in time, I run/walk 5-6 days a week, hit the gym 3 days a week, and have totally changed my diet. I still slide (I love cheeto puffs and jalapeno poppers, sigh) and some days I need more motivation than others but I will do this, I will get healthy. I will stay motivated!

1 comment: